We opened January 2009, and started with 29 program kids in 22 families. Some of our kids graduate from the program and Currently services 26 Orphaned Children and their households approximately 145 people.
The Salama Center Supplements resources of each enrolled family by distributing of nutrition food and covering health care costs. Comprehensive health care program includes rioting medical exams according to age and development; all vaccinations; treatment when needed; preventing tools such as mosquito nets and health education.
The Salama Center pays schools fees and provides uniform for each enrolled orphaned child and supplement public education for all children of the enrolled families. At the Salama center the children, caregivers and their family have access to;
• Afterschool –program with 63 children are attend at the Center everyday from Monday to Friday +Saturday for art class and take Math and English subjects
• Day care, Monday through Friday mornings up to noon, for those who are not old enough to attend government schools.
• Vocation training in areas such as tailoring and computer training for families member, community youth surround the center
• Community garden chicken keeping
• Art project and art studio
Moshi, Kilimanjaro, P.O. Box 7464
Majengo Vilage its very near to town center its about 5 kilometer from city center we have local bus come near our center so its reachable by public transport
Moshi Mjimpya village. El monte Kilimanjaro.